Relaxing with the Devils in a 150gal., cleaned this one and three others today. A 55gal. tropical tank, a 90gal. Convict tank & a 75gal. Budda with a 9” Upsidedown catfish.
This is a 380gal., five Pacu, two iridescence sharks, and a three foot Niger Catfish!
Learned a lesson, silicone doesn’t stay stuck to wood once it gets soaked. Driftwood has been submerged since 1/12/18 tank fill. The pictures are of where it was in tank and all floating at top. My next plan is to get flat slate rock, drill it and with stainless steel lag bolts, bolt it to wood. Forgot how Pacu are strong and can help knock that wood loose.
I’m selling Red Devil/Midas fry, sold 25 to guy in Clare on Dec 9, 2017. $1 each.
These are the updated pictures from yesterday, they live in a 125gal. Also sold 15 fry to a guy in Flint. on Feb 2, 2018. I think he keeps them in a 40gal.
This is updated pic from a video he sent. This Friday a lady is buying two for a 55gal.
Trying different light on 388gal., moved “big boy” Pacu and albino Pacu in a few days ago. They are adjusting well. This tank is full, no more fish to add. It’s perfect! I added a drip system to take care of evaporation…it’s a 5 gal. bucket with a hose that drips one drop/second. This way I fill bucket once a week instead filling tank daily!
300 gal. Saltwater tank was sold on . The fish and rock went to some Saltwater buddies in Ohio. The tank and skimmer sold on Craigslist to a guy that buffed it all clear…never heard after that.
Mon Sept. 10, 2017 my Son in laws parents donated a 40gal. Saltwater, fish and all equipment to me as a replacement for 300gal. Saltwater tank. Thank you!
This was after move on Sept. 11, at my house.
Crazy after exactly two years of last post I woke up this morning and decided to continue this daily blog! I’ll be updating with pics.
I never really left, just didn’t post…This is 388gal. Fixed seam split and filled on Jan 12, 2018.
This was the fill up, it’s always nerve wracking to fill after a big fix….the left seam, seen in pic, was dug out with small razor blade knives. I propped two cut 2×4’s inside tank to hold glass apart. Used 100% silicone 1 and worked with my daughter to fill seam, outside tank and inside. I needed her to view seam as I was applying silicone, I couldn’t see seam when I was inside tank. This tank has two sheets of glass pressed together, all sides, bottom too! It’s like two entire fish tanks, one inside the other…before silicone set up I used blue tape to seal inside corner seam. Seam dried 10+days.
I moved the center column glass chase to back of tank, covered PVC with river rock. I used a 5gal. bucket, cut in half to hold rock. Silicone three pieces of driftwood to bottom of tank.
This is back up filter, main filter is a Dolphin Amp Master pump. No heater on this tank, pumps create their own heat!
This is a one way valve to stop siphon, two filter socks, and a strainer to stop any thing from getting to pump. Next I’ll install a prefilter, before pump( like you see in a swimming pool, with a basket-$88).
One year after set up move!
I’m back, haven’t posted in over a year! Here’s the updates…saltwater 300gal. is a year old now. I removed all old crushed coral when tank was set up at my house, replaced with live sand. Took all macroalgae and moved into sump with LED light, there were two types of algae so I separated. The use of two 400watt metal halide lights turned out to work fine on this set up. In the past year I have had ups and downs, but good overall. Bi color Angel died months ago, unknown why. Clarkii clowns produce eggs every two weeks like clockwork. Friends of mine had overgrow of their softy corals, parts were donated and doing good(hammer coral, large mushroom coral and zoas, etc.) A two week water change of 22gal. is ideal for the set up. I’ll post pics soon.
429gal. split a seam and leaked 1/4 of tank out, I’m in process of fixing. All fish were moved to 380gal. until fixed. Water change and vacuum gravel is done every five days. Purchase of a 200gal. off GLA -for sale forum, was used to house RTC(just too aggressive).
All other tanks are the same…280,220,90,75,75,56,40,and 10gal. remain up and running.
Fish were moved into 300gal. saltwater, and 55gal. was shutdown. A few leaks in PVC were fixed. Full day but it was a success!
Donated by Amanda, Thanks! Great healthy fish, he went into 380gal.